Friday, January 14, 2011

Long time- new year!

It's been a long time, but this year I plan on spending more time documenting my adventures.

I had quite a few ambitious 2011 goals at the start of this month, but after much contemplation and realization, I have totally modified them.

I had started the year believing I would knit a pair of socks a month, so at the end of the year I would have 12 pairs of socks-- then reality hit, I don't really enjoy knitting socks. I know, what an egghead..... why would you set a goal of knitting socks if you don't like to knit them? I asked myself the same question and realized I have an addiction to sock yarn, but just don't like to knit socks, so I have been looking for projects that require sock yarn and can replace my 12 sock projects. I will still occasionally knit socks, but right now I just can't commit to knitting them.

I do plan to knit 3 or 4 shawls, lots of hats, a few scarfs and whatever else tickles my fancy.

I am commiting to knitting from stash as much as possible. I have been thinking up some projects to complete from my crazy amount of stash--looking for big projects to use it up.

I have already completed a throw for my couch. I love it! It is so warm and soft. It was knit from Lion Brand Homespun and I have to say I really like this yarn. It is acrylic, but it feels so very wonderful and we all know how it'll hold up... probably forever.

I am now knitting a poncho for a girl at work-- also out of Homespun. She had asked me months ago and I told her I would, but I farted around trying to find "just the right pattern and yarn". Well, bagged that idea and decided just to knit her the two rectangles sewn together poncho. I'm sure it will look fine and the feel will be awesome.

I plan on posting more. I have a lot going on that I would like to keep track of all I working on.

Till next time-

No comments:

Post a Comment